DEL Daily News
DEL Forum
Coach Tools
Search Coaches
Coach Records
Change Requests
Newbie Help
Help Pages
DEL Time: 08:54
Player Stats

  • Num, Name: Player's ID number and name
  • G, Mn: Games played, minutes per game
  • FGA, FGM: Field goals attempted, field goals made
  • 3PA, 3PM: Three pointers attempted, three pointers made
  • FTA, FTM: Free throws attempted, free throws made
  • Stl: Steals
  • Blk: Blocks
  • Reb: Rebounds
  • Ast: Assists
  • PF: Personal fouls
  • TOC: Turnovers committed
  • Pt: Points per game
  • Ps: Position

Note: for season leaders, the following minimum number of attempts per game are required.

  • Pro: 9.1 field goals, 3.6 three pointers, 1.1 free throws
  • College: 7 field goals, 3 three pointers, 1 free throw

Player Abilities

  • Num, Name: Player's ID number and name
  • Ps: Position
  • Ag/Yr: Player's age (pro) or year in school (college)
  • Ps: Passing:
    The passing ability relates to a player's ability to pass, catch passes, and defend passes. This is an important ability for all players who will be used in the offense (usually everyone except a defensive-only center), and especially so for a point guard.
  • Df: Defense:
    The defense ability relates to all aspects of defense and rebounding. A good-defense player will be better at defending passes, defending drives, shot blocking, and rebounding. This is an important ability for every position, especially so for the main rebounder (usually C) and whoever covers the opposing point guard.
  • Ag: Aggression
    The aggression ability measures how aggressive the player plays. The player with high aggression will get more rebounds and be a better all-around defender, but will get more fouls called. He will also get somewhat better shooting. Aggression is probably the most important at passing and rebounding positions, although players will draw a lot of fouls.

    As a player draws fouls during a game, his aggression will diminish, as presumably he does not want to foul out.

  • In: Intelligence
    The intelligent player knows exactly what is going on and what he should do to maximize his team's performance. This means making smarter passes and smarter shots, and getting fewer fouls. The primary position this is important at is PG, the primary ball-handler.
  • Sc: Scoring
    The scoring ability obviously has only one function: to increase the scoring ability of the player (or specifically, his ability to get a good look). This ability is of the most importance in the inside, where being a good shooter isn't as important and it's harder to get open from screens. This will be important for all players of course, but especially at the forward positions.
  • Sh: Shooting
    The shooting ability is also an ability with a single function: increasing the player's shooting, mainly long range. This is used somewhat at medium range (nearly as much as scoring) and a lot from the perimeter (much more than scoring). This will be most important for SG, but also important for SF and PG.
  • St: Stamina
    Stamina is what keeps players from getting tired easily. The high stamina player can play more minutes per game in a faster-paced offense with a more aggressive defense than can the low stamina player. The importance of this ability to your team is based primarily on the strength of your bench rather than by position.
  • Tr: Training level
    A player's training level is shown on a scale from 0-25, and shows a player's level of development. The 0-25 scale spans the whole scale from pee-wees up through the NBA. A solid college player should be at or above 10, while a seasoned NBA veteran should be over 20. Note that the level shown here is only a composite of the player's level of training at the different abilities.
  • Rst: Rest level
    If a player is tired, he will play less effectively. Sometimes a player will get extremely tired during a game, enough that he is not fully rested by the next night. Any player below 100% on your roster has had this happen.
  • Ht: Height
    A tall player has an advantage at anything that happens inside. This includes passing, rebounding, and inside shooting. Height is also used to a lesser degree in medium range shooting. Height is a very small negative factor in perimeter shooting.
  • Rtg: (points+assists+2*steals+blocks+rebounds) per minute played
  • +/-: Plus-minus=(points scored by team - points scored by opponents) per minute played
  • Injury: estimated number of games for healing; XX is a career-ending injury.
  • R: Redshirt status (R=current redshirt, *=past redshirt, X=neither, but has played, -=none of the above; college only)
  • S: Scholarship status (S=on scholarship; -=not on scholarship; college only) For incoming recruits, "S" means that the player will want playing time
  • Rank: Player ranking (A through F) and preferred position. These use the ranking system used by computer teams, so given the lack of success of those teams these should really only be used by rookie coaches to get a general idea of who's good and who isn't, and what positions they may be best suited for.

Player Salaries
(pro only)

  • Num, Name: Player's ID number and name
  • Ps: Position
  • Salry: Salary per season under current contract
  • Bonus: Bonus per season under current contract and type (PR=pro-rated bonus paid with each game; UF=up-front bonus paid at time of signing).
  • Value-Yr: Value and remaining years of current contract. If between seasons, the remaining years does not count the just-ended season.
  • Reneg-Yr-PerY: Renegotiation demand, maximum years he will sign for, and minimum salary per year for long contracts. ----- under reneg means the player will not sign at all; - under years means he will sign for any length of time.
  • If a player qualifies for a minor league contract for next season, it is noted, as well as the number of seasons remaining. If he is not signed for next season, this is noted. If he cannot be traded (because he is no longer under contract or he was signed as a free agent), this is noted.

Team Stats

There are two sets of team stats: for and against. For stats are what your players have done; against stats are what you opponent has done.

The stats listed are the same as player stats, except that DEL Cup leagues have additional categories at the beginning of the line: number of tournaments played, number of championships won, series won and lost, and games won and lost.

Analysis Notes

The analysis page breaks down a team's scoring, steals, blocks, rebounds, and assists by position. These numbers are also compared with the league as a whole, with a scale from 0 to 10 given.

Scouting Notes

The scouting notes in box scores list various interesting stats from each game.

  • Shooting, broken down by 2-pointers, 3-pointers, and free throws
  • Offensive rebounds and turnovers created. An offensive rebound creates an extra possession (under the assumption that most missed shots are recovered by the defense); a turnover denies the opponent a scoring chance.
  • Scoring chances (total possessions minus turnovers) and points per scoring chance. The second number is a combination of points per field goal taken, efficiency in getting to the foul line, and conversion of free throws.
  • The contribution of shooters to the team's total points and their combined shooting average. (Hopefully the shooters have a higher shooting average than the rest of the team.)
  • The contribution of handlers to the totals in assists and turnovers. Preferably the handlers should be responsible for a higher fraction of the team's assists than of its turnovers.
  • Individual player notes show how good a player is on offense and defense. Categories are average distance (0=under the hoop, 10=3-point range), look (0=shot has 25% chance, 10=shot has 75% chance for two pointers; three pointers adjusted slightly), and double-teaming (-10=always uncovered, 0=usually one man on, 10=always doubled). These stats are shown for overall offense (with or without the ball), shots actually taken, overall defense, and shots taken against. This table gives all sorts of useful information - you can spot defensive weaknesses, see who is getting the best looks (hopefully your shooters), make sure the shots taken better than the average look (if this is not so, you may need a new handler), etc.

COVID trends  -  Home  -  Rankings  -  Terms of Service  -  Privacy  -  Downloads  -  Search  -  Contact

Copyright © 1995-2019, Dolphin Simulation Games
All Rights Reserved