DEL Daily News
DEL Time: 18:31
Although DEL college sports primarily use the normal DEL ranking system, the college football playoff and top bowls are selected using a hybrid formula to incorporate coaches poll voting. A team's ranking is based on three factors:
- standard computer ranking
- writers' poll
- coaches' poll
Each component is measured by team-by-team comparisons. For the standard ranking and writers' poll, this is based on the probability that one team is better than the other. For the coaches' poll, this is based on the fraction of coaches who placed one team ahead of the other on the ballot.
There are four playoff bids, which are selected in the following priority:
The first two teams selected are given the #1 and #2 seeds in the playoff. The #3 seed goes to the higher ranked of the last two teams selected.
- The #1 through #4 ranked teams are taken, if they were conference champions or independent.
- The #1 and #2 ranked teams are taken, if they were not conference champions.
- The #5 through #10 ranked teams are taken, if they were conference champions.
- The #3 and #4 ranked teams are taken, if they were not conference champions.
The remaining eight teams for the "New Year's Six" bowls are selected as follows, in order of priority:
- Tier I conference champions not in the playoff
- The best-ranked Tier II conference champion (unless any Tier II champ was in the playoff)
- The highest-ranked available team ranked in the top 14, if no more than two teams from that conference have already been taken.
- The highest-ranked available team, regardless of number of teams taken from that conference.
Teams are assigned to bowls as follows. First are tie-ins (for years these bowls are not hosting semifinals):
- Rose Bowl: Big 10 vs. Pac-12
- Sugar Bowl: SEC vs. Big 12
- Orange Bowl: ACC
Each of these bowl bids will go to the conference champion, assuming that team is not in the playoff. If the champion is in the playoff, and if a second team from the conference was selected, that team would be given the bowl berth.
Finally, all remaining bowl bids are selected, with an effort made to minimize the potential of regular-season rematches.
COVID trends -
Terms of Service -
Copyright © 1995-2019, Dolphin Simulation Games
All Rights Reserved